What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is caused by the inflammation and micro tears on the ligament that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects the heel bone to the toes, also known as the ‘Plantar Fascia’.
What causes Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is usually caused by repetitive strain injury to the plantar fascia ligament on the sole of your foot. The repetetive strain injury can be caused from excessive running or walking, from wearing inadequate footwear, or even from having an occupation where you are on your feet all day, such as factory workers, teachers, garda, doctors, nurses, retail trade workers and those working in the building industry to name but a few.
What are Plantar Fasciitis symptoms and signs?
- Plantar fasciitis is normally associated with a stabbing pain and tenderness on the bottom of your foot with the tenderness usually towards your heel, but may affect the entire sole.
- A sign of abnormal tightness that can lead to plantar fasciitis is a heel spur that develops where the inflamed plantar fascia attaches to the heel bone.
- Plantar fasciitis can make walking and running difficult and it usually occurs after a long rest period, such as when you get up in the morning after sleeping, or get out of a vehicle after driving.
- As you get up, move and exercise, the pain can decrease, but returns after resting after long periods of inactivity.
- It is difficult to walk barefoot on hard surfaces, and sometimes the bottom of the foot can feel warm, swolen and tender and can be difficult to raise yor toes off the floor.
Why choose a Massage Gun to treat Plantar Fasciitis?
You may have never considered that percussion massagers work well for foot massages, too.
✅ Massage guns help alleviate pain, inflammation, and tenderness due to plantar fasciitis and can also be used to relax tense muscles in the body due to stress.
✅ The vibrations can soothe foot pains and ease the tension at the heel. It increases blood circulation, aiding fast recovery.
✅ Deep tissue massage is helpful because it loosens the tendons, ligaments, and fascia that have become painfully tight over time.
✅ It breaks up the scar tissue caused by chronic inflammation.
✅ Unlike medications, percussion massagers are a natural way to promote circulation by going deep into the tissues of the plantar fascia and surrounding muscle.
✅ It is cheaper than having to visit a physiotherapist for multiple recurring visits.
How to treat Plantar Fasciitis with Your DeproGun?
- Using the round head attachment, lightly stroke your sole in a circular motion to roll out the plantar fascia, starting from the ball of the foot going to the heel. You may massage the sole lengthwise along the plantar fascia. Start at the lowest intensity and gradually increase once it’s tolerable but does not cause so much pain.
- Direct the gun onto the spot of the heel pain and massage in a circular motion. Massage the area for 30 seconds.
- Move to the calf muscles. Also with the round head attachment, stroke the calf muscle from the Achilles tendon going up. You may want to concentrate on the tendon by stroking its length on either side.
- Finish by light stroking of the sole for another 30 seconds.
- Do this self-massage with barefoot or with stocking twice a day for 1 to 3 minutes at a time.
- It is advised to stretch the Achilles tendon and plantar fascia after massage sessions. With your fingers over the base of your toes, pull your toes back toward your shin until feeling a comfortable stretch in the arch of your foot. Hold 15 seconds and repeat 3 times.
CAUTION : The feet have decreased blood flow due to their distance from the heart. Massaging the feet 3 to 5 minutes a day with Deprogun massage gun can improve circulation in people with plantar fasciitis, aiding recovery.
DO NOT OVERDO IT . Give yourself some time to recover between massages.
REMEMBER – There is also a 30 Day Money Guarantee
✅ You have 30 days to get in touch with us if you find it is not working for you! All we ask is that it is sent back in the same condition, with everything supplied when you receive it and include the box that you receive it in.
✅ We will even have it collected from your home to make it easier for you!
✅ DEPROGUN is over 95% effective in treating Plantar Fasciitis.
❌ Physiotherapy is expensive and does not always work.
❌ Buying expensive shoes & trainers quite often only makes it more bearable and comfortable to walk as you have not treated the Plantar Fasciitis.
❌ Using Medication only masks the issue as you have not treated the Plantar Fasciitis.
❌ Using Ice only masks and reduces the inflamation temporarily as you have not treated the Plantar Fasciitis.