Frequently Asked Questions
Who are Massage guns for?
Massage guns are to be used by anyone who suffers from sore, tired or aching muscles.
Where is DeproGun based?
We are an Irish sports-recovery solutions company that ships worldwide, from our offices located in Arklow, Co. Wicklow.
I have seen similar looking guns being sold on the market. What makes yours different?
While some products may bear superficial similarities to our range of Massage Guns, they are not the same product to the best of our knowledge. We work directly with trusted suppliers and have obtained exclusive distribution rights for our products with its distinctive suite of specifications and features.
If you see products that may look similar to DEPROGUN, you should not expect to receive the same specifications and features. Take care to check if the specifications, such as for the motor and battery, meet your expectations and that your device is covered by a local warranty, before you make any purchase.
Always exercise caution when buying online. If the price seems to good to be true, chances are that company will not be around very long to look after you.
How do I use a Massage Gun?
Each full body massage session should not take more than 10-15 minutes. DEPROGUN is designed to shut off after approx 10 minutes. To continue, simply wait for 1 minute before turning it back on again.
Depending on your desired outcome, we recommend using DEPROGUN for 15 to 120 seconds per muscle group. You can also treat yourself to a massage session 3 times a day.
When: Before your workout
Duration: 30 seconds per muscle group
Float your Deprogun over the target muscle group to “wake” them up. Couple with stretches to maximize range of motion and flexibility.
Rest Between Sets
When: During exercise
Duration: 15 seconds per muscle group
Use Deprogun on muscle groups that you’re training while you’re resting in between sets to maximize efficiency. This will help relieve muscle fatigue.
DOMS Prevention (Delayed onset muscle soreness)
When: After your workout
Duration: 2 minutes per muscle group
Float your Deprogun Massage gun over the muscles you trained (or any sore muscles that require immediate relief) to decrease post-workout DOMS.
What happens to your body after you use a massage gun?
After an intense workout, especially those where you test your physical limits, your body takes on eccentric exercise induced muscle damage. A symptom of this muscle damage is the soreness that you feel 24 to 72 hours after the workout, otherwise known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS).
When you use a Deprogun massage gun after your workout, any time before or during DOMS, its high-torque motor delivers a powerful, pummelling action of up to 3200 RPM which increases blood flow in muscles and shortens DOMS. This increase in blood flow carries more oxygen and nutrients that are essential in repairing muscle fibers, thereby relieving the muscle pains and speeding up muscle recovery.
How to operate the different DeproGun Massage Guns?
- Push and hold the power button until the device turns on.
- Press the power button once to switch it to gear 1 (1300RPM).
- Press the power button again to cycle through gear 2 to gear 6 (3200RPM).
- Push and hold the power button to turn it off.
- Turn on the DG Pro by flicking the switch at the base of the battery handle.
- Push the Fingerprint button in the middle of the LCD Display to switch it to gear 1 (1300RPM).
- Press the fingerprint button again to cycle from gear 2 to gear 7 (3200RPM).
- Push and hold the fingerprint button to turn it off.
- Turn off the massage gun by flcking the switch on the base of the handle.
DG2 / DG2 Lite
- Turn on the DG2 by flicking the switch at the base of the battery handle.
- Push the center power button to engage the massage gun. Press the + button to switch it to gear 1 (1100RPM).
- Press the + button again to cycle from gear 2 to gear 20 (2100RPM ) DG2 LITE
- Press the + button again to cycle from gear 2 to gear 30 (2800RPM ) DG2
- Press the – button again to come back down through the gears.
- Turn off the massage gun by flcking the switch on the base of the handle.
How to charge the DeproGun massage guns?
To charge, connect the DC end of the charging adaptor to the battery’s charging port at the base of the massage gun.
Plug the AC side into a power outlet with the same adaptor. Do not force the plug into a non-compatible power outlet.
LED display on the back of the massage gun will indicate the battery level and indicate active charging.
Once the light on the charger changes from red to green, that means the device is fully charged.
Do not overcharge, recommended charging time is 3-5 hours for a full charge. Overcharging may have an adverse impact on the battery life.
Do not operate the massage gun while it is charging.
It is not recommended to deplete the battery before charging. You can charge it at any level and stop once it is fully charged.
Safety tips for using your DeproGun massage gun
- Use the massage gun only as instructed. Never make any attempts to open or repair it as it will void your warranty and only use the attachments which are included in the box.
- Not to be used by children, or any person who has reduced sensory issues. The massager is not a toy and should not be given to children to play with.
- Only use the supplied charger as a different charger could cause personal injury or damage.
- Do not use the device while charging. Please do not use continuously for extended periods of time. Let the device rest for every 10 minutes of continuous use.
- Do not insert fingers or foreign objects into the head of the massage gun that are not designed to go in. Only use provided massage gun attachment heads.
- Never use the massage gun near any explosive atmospheres (gas fumes, dust or flammable materials). There is the danger of sparks possibly generating a fire.
- When charging your massage gun, it should be done indoors in a well ventilated and dry location. Do not charge it outdoors, or near water. Do not use the device or charger on wet surfaces. The charger should never be exposed to any moisture, rain or snow.
- Ensure your charger is properly cared for. Do not leave it plugged in all the time. Keep the charger plugged out when not in use for extended periods. When you do charge it, keep the cord away from potentially tripping someone or being stepped on. If your charger or cord gets damaged in any way contact Hydragun to get it replaced immediately.
- Do not block any of the vents on your massage device and do not use it if any of the vents are blocked. Keep the massage gun free of dust, hair, lint or any other objects which may reduce the air flow. Always keep your hair, loose clothes and fingers clear of vents and moving parts.
- Never burn, incinerate or expose the massage gun or the battery to flames. This will cause personal injury and will cause the release of toxic fumes from burning of battery.
- Do not crush, drop or damage the charger. If your charger has received a sharp blow, been dropped or has been run over by anything, refrain from use and replace immediately.
- Your massage gun should never be used under any bed covers or pillows. This will cause overheating and may cause a fire.
Can I use this on muscle or bone?
Massage guns are designed to be used on skeletal muscle to reduce and relieve soreness from exertion or activity. Muscles like neck, shoulders, lats, chest, triceps, biceps, thighs, calves, etc that help you to move. If you experience intense pain or discomfort, stop use immediately and consult your physician.
How do I clean my massage gun?
Use a slightly damp towel to clean the exterior and handle of your Deprogun. Antibacterial wipes may also be used as an alternative. Afterwards, use a dry towel to wipe off moisture.
To clean the attachment heads, a quick wipe down with a damp towel or antibacterial wipes is sufficient. For the foam head, simply spray with a little alcohol or sanitizer, then air dry.
DO NOT use harsh cleaning products (bleach or other chemicals) on your DeproGun massage gun.
DO NOT wipe the inside of the device or the part where the attachments go with a damp towel/cloth.
How do I maintain my massage gun?
Over time, like all other motors or items that go through numerous repetitions, normal wear and tear may cause the device to get noisier.
You can remedy this by applying small amounts of electric motor oil on the metal ring where the attachment heads go.
Squeeze a small amount of electric motor oil around the inner and outer part of the metal ring, allowing it to seep for at least a few minutes before using the device.
Only use electric motor oil to lubricate the device.
DO NOT use automotive oil as this type of oil is too runny and thin for electric motors, and contain detergents that will damage the motor on your device.
What should I NOT DO whilst using my massage gun?
Do not disassemble and try to “repair” your DeproGun Massage Gun. Please contact customer support if you find any issues with your device.**
Do not use while it is charging.
Do not insert your finger or any foreign object in the part of the gun where the attachment heads go.
Do not use your massage gun while you are swimming or anywhere near bodies of water. While the device itself is corrosion resistant, accidentally submerging it in water will damage it completely.
Do not overcharge your massage gun as this can adversely affect its battery lifem so please do not leave it plugged in for extensive periods of time
Do not expose your massage gun to open flames.
How long is the warranty for each massage gun?
All our Massage Guns come with a 12 Month Warranty
If our product fails due to a defect in material or workmanship, DeproGun will repair or replace the product, or necessary components, free of charge.
Website purchases are automatically registered.
To send your product in for warranty replacement or repairs, contact our customer support for instructions with your dated proof of purchase.
Please note you will receive a faster response if you WhatsApp our team on +353852285287
Our warranty excludes:
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, mishandling or neglience.
- Units subjected to unauthorised repair;
- Units not used in accordance with DeproGun care instructions;
- Damage exceeding the cost of the product;
- Deterioration of the delivered product resulting from abnormal storage and/or safeguarding conditions on the client’s premises, and
- Failure to provide the dated proof of purchase.
- Products purchased from an unauthorized retailer.
Can I return a massage gun after I have purchased it?
All orders come with a 30 day money back guarantee.Please send a message to us if you would like to set up a return with us.
- Make sure you include your name and email used in the order or the order number, so we can look up your order and process it.
- If there was a mistake made on our end (wrong colour, wrong model, etc…) or the product is malfunctioning, we will correct this at no extra cost to you.
- For any other reason, you will be required to send the product back & cover the Shipping & Handling fees associated with that.
- If your unit has been used, a restocking fee of 10% will apply
- Your item must be received in like new condition. Please ensure that the item you’re returning is in the original packaging with the original charger, massage heads and documentation that were included when you received it, or no refund will be given.
- Your item must be returned within the first 30 days from the date of your purchase.
- Once we receive the package, please allow up to 4 business days for us to process the return & issue you a refund.
- We will notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.
How long will it take to receive my DeproGun Order?
For all orders place on the Island of Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, your DeproGun will reach you usually within 1-2 business days.
Orders in the UK will usually receive their order within 3 days.
The rest of the World orders will be delivered in 4-9 business days.
Where do Deprogun ship from?
DEPROGUN is shipped from our offices in Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. Our delivery partners in Ireland and the UK are Fastway Couriers and UPS for international orders.
How do I track my order?
Once your order has been processed, you’ll receive a confirmation email with the tracking information. This should typically be received before 1pm that day or the next business day. Should you come across any issues with tracking your package, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll work to resolve the issue as soon as possible